Terms and Conditions for the Business Referral Program
The following terms and conditions apply to all participants of the TDS Business Referral program.
- Program is available in TDS ILEC Markets and select CLEC Markets.
- Program is not valid in our CLEC markets for any business or person who is an Agent or Sub Agent for TDS. TDS Agents or Sub Agents can participate in our ILEC Markets.
- Program is not valid for any TDS employees, or a relative to a TDS employee.
- In the event an active participant in the TDS Business Referral Program aligns better with the TDS Agent Program, TDS reserves the right to migrate them to an Agent of record and/or discontinue their participation in the TDS Business Referral Program
- The referring company cannot be an owner, employee, Agent or Sub Agent for the referred business.
- The referred company cannot be an owner, employee, Agent or Sub Agent for the referring business.
- The referrer must accept the terms and conditions of the program each time a referral is submitted via an online web form.
- Acceptance of a referral is based upon verification that the business and contact are legitimate; the business is located within the TDS service area, the business is not currently a TDS customer, TDS has not been actively working with the referred business prior to receiving the referral. TDS reserves the right to not accept a referral for any reason at any time.
- In the event of conflicting referrals for services, TDS reserves the right to determine who receives credit for such referrals.
- TDS reserves the right to approve or reject a prospective customer or to decline providing service to a customer for any reason.
- TDS reserves the right to cancel the Business Referral Program without prior notice in its entirety or for a specific referrer at any time for any reason.
- A $100 American Express gift card will be sent to the referring party within 2-6 weeks after the lead is accepted and the TDS Sales Representative has the initial meeting.
- A $500 American Express gift card will be sent to the referring party approximately 2-6 weeks after the services have been contracted by a TDS Representative, installed, entered into the TDS billing system and the contract meets the requirements of a signed 36-month or longer contract and $215 or greater in Monthly Recurring Charges. Services contracted by a TDS Agent or Sub Agent will not be eligible for payment under this program.
- Once an active participant reaches a total of $600 (in referral payments and pending referral payments), the participant will be required to complete a W-9 form (a one-time requirement per fiscal year) before the pending referral payments will be sent.
- TDS’ sole liability to you shall be payment of the American Express gift card(s) to the extent earned as set forth herein. IN NO EVENT SHALL TDS OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS OR LOST COMMISSIONS ON LOST SALES (WHETHER OR NOT TDS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE), ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE CONDUCT OF BUSINESS CONTEMPLATED HEREIN, BY REASON OF ANY ACT OR OMISSION IN TDS’ PERFORMANCE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
- Referrals expire 6 months after submission. Situations with longer sales cycles may be approved by TDS Commercial Marketing.
- One referral payment per customer, regardless of number of locations.